What is the Two Ticks symbol?
The Two Ticks symbol is given by Jobcentre Plus to employers who are committed to the fair employment, retention, training and career development of disabled people. It shows disabled applicants that we welcome their application and will assess them on their abilities.
What commitments do employers make?
KPAC has been approved to use the Two Ticks symbol
following our commitment to:
- Interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- Ensuring there is a mechanism in place to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- Making every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- Taking action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make sure these commitments work
- Annually reviewing these commitments and assessing what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
Achievement of this status is one way in which KPAC demonstrates its commitment to diversity and equality, by ensuring that as an institution it is open and accessible to all, valuing its staff and students for what they bring as individuals.